Friday, March 2, 2012

Sharp Stylings #29: Lee Morgan

We can learn so much from yesterday’s fashion icons.  And living in a post-Mad Men world means we can even enjoy aspects of current male fashions! Every Friday, I’d like to start your weekend off right with a little style inspiration from either then or now. Hopefully, my fellow Mod enthusiasts will find the whole or some detail of the whole to appreciate and maybe even adopt.

Lee Morgan, lost in thought: 

Admittedly, I am a little mixed on his outfit here. Can't say I'm super excited about his loose corduroy pants, but he more than makes up for it with that sharp blazer and crisp tie. That blazer is beautiful, from the way it hangs from the top button down to the subtle pin-striping of the fabric. The tie's a simple one, thin with a conservative pattern, but fits perfect with the jacket.

As I said before, not really into the cords and I'm wondering if his shirt is short-sleeved based on the lack of cuff showing under his jacket sleeve. I can't really recommend that look, but I tell you what... if you can play a horn as powerful as Lee Morgan does on his track, 'Cornbread,' then you get a pass!

Now that's some mean soul jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment