Monday, February 6, 2012

A Day To Be Vain!

Week after week, I spend my time writing about what I think is nice, sharp style for aging Mods and what kind of things Mods should, hopefully, be avoiding.

But for all you know, while expressing what I think is Mod Gone Wrong or what kind of styles Mod males should be gravitating toward, I could be this guy:

So, on a day like today, I think I'm allowed to be a little vain and put myself out there for YOU to judge and ridicule. And that's okay because as a kid with big ears, a teenager with a bad acne problem, and an adult who's knee-high to a grasshopper, I've learned to take it.

So here, I present my own Moddish evolution through the years. Have a good laugh!
Pre-Mod Smiths fanatic.
The period between leaving behind my 'new-wave' look in favor of a sk-mod look. About 15/16 years old.
Second from the right, last year of high school, with my mod/rude boy/skinhead crew.
18-years-old with, yes, a parka... and patches... and pins.
First year of college, surrounded by the Berkeley/San Francisco Mods who would help shape my tastes over those early years. (l.-r: Xan, Nic, Jules, Rhett, Sean, Jon, Dave, me on the bottom.)
About 20 years old, with my friend Susan, for a friend's photo project. (NOTE:  not my bike!)
About 22 years-old for another friend's photo project.
In my mid-to-late-20s trying to keep up with a stylish group. (l.-r.: Devon, me, Dave, and Doug)
30-years-old with my future wife.
Early 30s with my favorite people! (l.-r.: Irene, Jon, Karen, and me)
Mid-30s with guys who know how to kick it real. (l.-r.: Matt, me, and Dean.)
Halloween with Dave as me (even wearing some of my old clothes) and me as a stereotype.
Late 30s with lead singer of the Idea and my not-quite-yet wife. (l.-r.: Jon, me, and Irene)
Today, helping to spread the Mod gospel. A little older, a little wiser, and a little heavier, but not anymore taller.

Well, there you go. I hope that over the years I've done what many say and that's 'kept the faith.'
MANY THANKS FOR READING THE MOD MALE BLOG!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the coolest guy I know, no matter what you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I really dig the jacket/tie combination in the 13th photo down (with The Idea) and the rest of your blog in general!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys and thank you, Mariah, for the very kind compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicks my dad he sais hi

    ReplyDelete