Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mod Gone Wrong: Royal Guards Desert Boots

I'm actually starting to like Clarks desert boots now, believe it or not.

See, every time I find myself facing writer's block, Clarks comes through with shoes like these (as seen on His Knibs):
For when traditional brown is just not enough.
Now please don't get me wrong... I've got nothing against brightly-colored dress shoes, obviously. Given the right color combo on an outfit, they can work really great. Personally, red dress shoes might be out of my age range these days, to be quite honest, but if you can make them work, good on you!

Red DESERT boots, however, just look like giant baby booties to me.
"Mod" shoes for babies?
I'm hoping these desert boots only come in kids sizes, because I have a hard time picturing adults in these things.

I don't know, what do you think? Am I wrong here... is the world really ready for 'fashion' desert boots?

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I can see someone with a big red nose and rainbow-colored wig wearing those shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comparison is hilarious, Carlos. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Glad you see how joke-y some of these new items are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now please don't get me wrong... I've got nothing against brightly-colored dress shoes, obviously. Given the right color combo on an outfit, they can work really great. clarks uk Personally, red dress shoes might be out of my age range these days, to be quite honest, but if you can make them work, good on you!

    ReplyDelete