Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mod Gone Wrong: 'Carnaby Street' Costume

[Mod Male is on vacation at this time so won't be able to respond to any comments.] 

I guess this type of costume could only work in the U.K., seeing as how most people in the U.S. wouldn't get the Carnaby Street joke. In fact, I can guarantee that if you walked into an American Halloween party with the following costume, you'd be greeted with a chorus of "Hey, it's Austin Powers! Grooooovy, Baby!"
Want to dress up as a walking Mondrian painting?
You really have to hand it to the company who came up with the male version of this costume. In American dollars, this would be almost $40 for a black shirt and wide tie to rent! And I'm only guessing that's a tie because it could easily pass as a bib to protect your clothing if you happen to be eating lobster at a fancy art museum restaurant.

Ahh... I think I figured out why these costumes are for rent only. I imagine that if it were for sale, you'd see a lot of newbie insta-Mod gals hitting nightclubs all over town in, what they might think, was an Yves Saint Laurent knock-off! Still can't quite make out what the deal is with the blue wig. Maybe her boyfriend's wide Mondrian tie wasn't wacky enough?

Oh, and look at that... seems she's got the same type of go-go boots worn by Moddish women who still haven't gotten the memo.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've seen these two in photos from a "Nuts" weekender...or maybe the "I'm One" book, can't recall.

    ReplyDelete